Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Everything is Changing

Hello everyone... or myself, since I'm pretty sure I'm one of 3 people that read this. I haven't written in a week, because I wasn't even sure if I was going to continue this blog. It really seems kind of pointless now. I've been having problems with my kidney (my left one)... with chronic urinary tract infections/kidney infections. Now, more than ever, I'm convinced that these problems are caused or partly caused by the severe pre eclampsia that I had with both of my children. I may talk about all of that on another day, and the research I'm doing.

Anyways, last Thursday, I was at the doctor for yet another kidney problem, and I was informed that I am 8 weeks pregnant! This was a shock to me because I have been on birth control ever since JD was born, I have been nursing, and I have not had a period yet. To say I was devastated is an understatement. I still have moments where I tear up about it and get angry about it. I will love this baby, and I will get excited, but sometimes, it's hard.

I think this is the hardest part... recognizing that this dream of losing weight, is not going to happen right now. I was really getting excited about my running goals, and about the weight I was losing. It really sucks that I have to stop losing weight. REALLY SUCKS! And it will be close to February ... close to a year... before I can really start back. The doctor said I could run... and so I plan to still run... not as hard, not as fast, and not as long... but I do plan on exercising. I also plan on eating healthy (I am 5 days out from having any diet cokes and very very little caffeine). I also plan on doing anything I can do to increase my chances of preventing pre eclampsia with this baby. I believe it is possible to prevent it. Doctors won't say that, but after a lot of research, I think I can at least significantly increase my odds.

I think I'm going to try to keep up with this blog. Obviously, the topics will shift a little. I still do want to eat healthy.. now more than ever.. and I want to consistently exercise. I would like to keep my weight gain for the entire pregnancy below 20 pounds. I know that this is ok health wise because of my current weight.

So that's that. I don't really have much more to say about the topic right now. Maybe I'll get more excited and talk more about all of it soon. I hope I have a healthy/easy pregnancy, and I hope I have a healthy baby. This is most definitely be the last one... so maybe, just maybe, I can experience one normal pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment