Thursday, March 7, 2013

One Week Since My Life Changed

It's been one week since I found out I was pregnant. I'm still not over the frustration of it. I am starting to get excited though. I think I would get over the frustration if I wasn't feeling so bad. I feel SO NAUSEOUS and SO HUNGRY all the time. I'm also on an antibiotic from the kidney infection and that has my stomach in knots as well :( I don't feel exhausted like I did when I was pregnant with JD... I just feel sick... pretty much all the time. And my sense of smell! It's RIDICULOUS. Last night, the small of raw beef as I was trying to fry it made me run to the bathroom... then I couldn't eat the dinner I had cooked... so I ate a bowl of cereal... that's all that sounded remotely appetizing. I just want to feel better. The only thing I'm clinging to is that normally after the first trimester it's not as bad, and I'm 9 weeks or so pregnant, so not much longer there. I go to the doctor a week from Monday for the first time.... that will be exciting.

Anyways, it's also been a week since I've ran. Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I haven't wanted to do anything... I've also been really busy. I'd really like to lose another 10 pounds before I go to the doctor. I know... you're not supposed to lose weight when you're pregnant, but I really think it's going to happen. 1) because I'm going to start working out again (the dr. said I could), and 2) because I'm nursing still, and can't keep much down. I'd really like to keep my weight gain during this pregnancy under 25 lbs... if I do that, then when the pregnancy is over, I'll be about where I started when I started the weightloss journey this January.

So, other than that, I'll just update on my week. When I was at the doctor last Thursday, the nurse took my blood. This doctor's office has been terrible to me the last 3 weeks... too many things to explain.. but I will share this picture:
This is my arm.... a week later. I wish I would have taken a picture the day after. When she was taking my blood, she was already very rough, but she tried to take a phone call on her cell phone (from my OB, but STILL), and in the process, she dug the needle farther in then accidentally jerked it out. It hurt so bad. I was already crying from finding out I was pregnant, so I guess she thought nothing of it. She said, " Sorry that might've hurt a little, but it's fine." She then tried to pull the cotton swab off of it, but when she did it was literally pouring blood. UGH. And for the next 3 days, I couldn't extend my arm all the way... no joke. That top bruise is where the needle was in. The bottom bruise I guess was caused by the trauma to the vein. I will NEVER go back there. EVER

Anyways, my kids have been extra sweet/fun the last couple of days. I'm trying to treasure every moment I can get with them, since things are about to get more hectic and crazy! Especially with Isabella, since she's going to kindergarten next year. I let her and JD take a bath together and JD loved it! He loved being out of his little tiny baby bath :) 
Then Bella decided she wanted to wear her footed pajamas from her grandma! It was cold outside but I knew it wouldn't last long. 
Sometime in the middle of the night, she took it off and got "naked" (just panties) because she was hot. She for the most part sleeps without any clothes on... even when it's snowing/freezing outside!

Paul and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on Tuesday. We have had a lot of changes in our lives in 2 years. Essentially... 2 babies in 2 years haha.... well 2 and a half years. WOW! We went to Outback thanks to a gift card I had received from work. We had to take the kids, but they were SO good, and the food was SO GOOD (my stomach didn't appreciate it about an hour later though). 
Just one more picture I want to share... mostly so I have it somewhere and don't lose it cause I think it's hilarious. Sunday after church, we had several house showings, so we had to take the kids with us (during their usual nap time). So I looked back during the drive to one of the houses and saw this: 
This whole picture cracks me up. She always sleeps in the car like that, with her legs spread as wide as possible, and her mouth wide open.... typically with drool coming out. HAHA. I love her so much though! 

Ok so anyways, this week. I want to try to eat healthy and keep my calories under 2,100. I think this is a good calorie range for being pregnant and nursing. But mostly, I'm just going to eat good choices when I'm hungry and when I can stomach it. Right now, I'm way under 2,100, but I'm trying. I'm also going to try and work out (not necessarily run), but exercise, at least 4 times this upcoming week. 






No comments:

Post a Comment