Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 1 (well really day 11)!!!

So today I'm starting my blog! I've been reading lots and lots of blogs... especially Runs for Cookies blog, and I've realized that blogging would be great! I also feel like even though I'm SUPER busy all the time, this is something I can do for myself and maybe help document my weight loss (I almost said "document my growth"... but "Growth" doesn't seem appropriate when I'm trying to "LOSE"). On January 1, 2013, I decided it's time. TIME TO LOSE THE WEIGHT. TIME TO LOVE MYSELF. TIME TO LEARN HOW TO FEEL SEXY. I will probably spend a whole post talking about my perception of myself, and about the way I think other people perceive me... but that can be for another time.

I haven't told anyone I'm writing a blog. I've only told a few that I'm trying to lose weight. I probably won't make this blog visible for a LONG time, but I want to document my journey. I know you're supposed to have a support group when doing things like this... but my family/close friends have heard it a million times... "I'm going to lose weight." And a million and one times, I have lost weight. 10 pounds here, 20 pounds there.. never more than about 30 pounds, but then I gain DOUBLE or even TRIPLE the amount I had lost. So, I don't blame my friends/family for not believing me. In the past, I haven't  believed myself. But it's happening, and I'm going to do it.

 My goal? Lose 100 pounds in 1 year. Is it possible? I've seen a lot of people do it! I hope to prove that YES it is possible! I know my blog says "28 and Losing Weight." I'm actually not 28, yet. I'll be 28 in May, but I liked the rhyming aspect of it... and I will be 28 and Losing Weight soon, so why not? I don't have a full plan yet. This started on the 1st of this year. My only plan was to lose weight at first, but slowly and surely I'm making new goals and coming up with an actual plan.

First, I'm reducing my calories to 1,800 calories a day. I track these calories through MyFitnessPal on my iPhone! YAY technology! :) So far, it probably hasn't been accurate. I was adding in my exercise stuff (which then gave me more calories)... and I wasn't measuring, I was guessing... which means I was eating WAY more than I was saying I ate. I plan to start measuring now and not logging my exercise stuff on that, so that I am truly only eating 1,800 calories. Hopefully I won't starve!!! I laugh at that statement, because of course I won't starve. But when I said 1,800 calories in my mind, my first thought was, "I'm going to die of starvation!" A little dramatic, I know.

Also, and this is the biggie for me. I plan on working out at least 6 days a week. So far, I have worked out EVERYDAY! Go me! Really... GO ME! That's something I've NEVER done... and I'm not going to lie, about every other day, I'm tired and SO SORE and I SO DON'T WANT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT WORKING OUT THAT DAY.. but I have, everyday, and I'm proud of that. I've also been RUNNING! That's something I've never done.... and I can't say I'm to the enjoyment part of running, but I hope one day I'll get there. I've been doing the C25K (couch to 5k) program on my phone. again... YAY technology :) It's made to have you prepping for a 5k, and it's a program that you do 3x a week. I'm doing it every day, though, and progressing to the harder weeks as it feels comfortable. Currently, I'm on W2D3 (week 2, day 3). It consists of: 5:00 warm-up, then alternate between :90 jogging and 2:00 walking for a total of 31 minutes. I walk at 3.2 or 3.4 mph, and I do the jogging at 5.0 mph. I don't know much about running, and plan on doing some research to see what speed I should be doing, how often, etc.

In regards to the running, I'm going to sign up for my first 5K, and I'm going to RUN it.. or jog... but hopefully RUN! I've never done a race, or run, or whatever it's supposed to be called... not even a walking one. So this is going to be BIG for me.. and I plan on bragging about it everywhere! I think I will try for one in May, and I would love to be a good 40-50lbs lighter by then.

So that's pretty much it. I would like to cut out Diet Cokes, I would like to cut out all sweets, I would like to get to the point where I'm eating all kinds of fruits and vegetables... but I'm not there yet. I have cut my DC's (diet cokes) down to 1 can a day, which is HUGE for me. I have also cut down my sweets.

Speaking of sweets... I baked a cake last night... the first dessert I've made since starting this weight loss journey. I ate a big piece. I said I wasn't going to eat a big piece, but I did. And I felt GROSS afterwards. Not just mentally either. Yes, I beat myself up for eating it, knowing I'd done good all day just to blow it that night, but I felt GROSS physically, which was something I hadn't felt in a while. For the last 11 days, I had been eating healthy, and lite (especially at night), and I hadn't even realized that I had been feeling so much better. I hadn't felt bloated, no stomach aches, and I felt a lot more energized. Well as soon as that yummy chocolate cake got into my system, I felt SO GROSS. I was terribly bloated, my stomach hurt, I had pent-up gas (like burping), and I was so so so tired! Maybe that's a good motivation to not eat anymore sweets like that. Earlier today, I thought about that cake sitting on my counter, and even imagined myself fixing a big piece when I got home, but about 10 minutes after those thoughts, I remembered how I felt last night, and that craving was OVER. So maybe, MAYBE I am making progress.

I still need to work out tonight, and I've got to figure out what to cook for dinner. I have about 1,000 calories left so I feel a little freedom there. Tomorrow morning, I have a birthday party to go to..... I will have to practice resistance, and tomorrow night, Paul wants to take me to Red Lobster on a date. This must be my weekend of tests. But I'm going to pass them. I'm going to lost the weight. I'm going to be a different woman, wife, and Mom at 28 years old!


No comments:

Post a Comment