Thursday, January 31, 2013

This should say "Day 1" because it's like I've started all over

Well the last two weeks have been ridiculous... really the last week. Just absolute crap as far as doing what I should be doing to lose weight. I have eaten terribly! I have binged on candy, Mexican food, and just anything I could put in my mouth, I've put in my mouth. Part of the problem has been that my schedule has been crazy, and I didn't plan my meals well. The other problem has been that I'm just weak-minded and haven't been saying NO to temptations.

I'm a teacher at a small school, and we sell concessions every day. So I have access to free chips, free candy of all sorts, and free diet coke. The Candy is the problem.. REESE'S to be exact. There have been a few days that I've had 2-3 packages of REESE'S a day. It's embarrassing to admit that, but I hope that by admitting it, I can maybe stop the habit. I really hope so! Also, I only worked out I think 4 out of 7 days last week... .there were a lot of excuses for that too... tired, busy, the kids, schedule issues, etc. But last night, I had a talk with myself mentally and reminded myself that it's an hour a day... a MEASLY HOUR! So I got up and worked out last night, even though I'd eaten spaghetti and my stomach was so full and I wanted to watch American Idol.. but I didn't. I also completed Week 5 Day 2 yesterday of C25K! I had a really good workout.. I needed that boost of motivation. I jogged a total of 25 minutes. It's hard to believe that less than a month ago, I couldn't jog a total of 3 minutes without feeling like I was dying...literally DYING.

Today, I've already eaten a Reese's. My excuse.... I didn't have breakfast, so that was my breakfast and a 210 calorie breakfast isn't bad. But that's not a good excuse and tomorrow.. I'm packing breakfast. This last week, I also haven't logged my eating in My Fitness Pal. I think I do better when I do that. We also got paid, so I'm going to go to the grocery today and buy healthier foods again and plan out my meals, like I had been doing the first two weeks.

I know there are setbacks sometimes, and I know that a month in is about the time that I always give up... so I'm determined that this time I'm not giving up a month in. I'm dusting myself off and getting up and eating healthy and working out some more.

My goals this week:
1. Weight 265 at my next weigh in (lose 5 lbs)
2. Work out 6 of 7 days
3. Plan all meals and eat what I plan (stay between 1500 and 1800 calories).
4. Jog 2 miles straight
5. Do better about blogging my progress, and take pictures, finish setting up this blog.
6. Control my urges (especially Sunday... we have a birthday party and a super bowl party to attend).


No comments:

Post a Comment