Monday, February 4, 2013

MONDAY!!!!

Well I made it through the weekend, and didn't do too terrible at all with my eating. In fact, I think I stayed under my calorie goal both Saturday and Sunday! I had a birthday party and a Super Bowl party to go to, but I did it!!!! Yesterday, it was FINALLY SUNNY for the first time in like 5 years! It was cold and windy, but I didn't care. I decided I was going to jog outside, because I was convinced that I would do better jogging outside, than on the treadmill. I hate the dumb treadmill. I hate that 5 minutes in, it feels like it's been hours, and it's so boring, and it's SO HARD to feel like you're accomplishing anything because you're running in place! OK enough ranting!

So I jogged outside. I only had about an hour between getting my kids down for a nap, and having to take chili to the Super Bowl party so I knew it wouldn't be a very long one. I used the app Run Keeper, which tracked where I was running through GPS. This app doesn't work on a treadmill BOOOO. I really like it because it updates me in my headphones every 5 minutes and tells me how long I've been jogging, how far I've gone, and what my pace is.

SO BIG BREAKTHROUGH YESTERDAY!!!!! I ran 1.92 miles (I only stopped because I had gotten back to my car and I needed to hurry home.. but I really feel like I could've gone more). I did that in 23 minutes. AND MY PACE!!!!! for the majority of the time it was 11.32 minutes/mile.. but it ended up being a 12 minute mile. But the point is, on the treadmill, my fastest had been a 15 minute mile!!!! So I cut down 3 WHOLE MINUTES! I also burned close to 400 calories. SO YAY GREAT RUN! I was sore all night, I'm not going to lie. And when I was laying in bed my legs were throbbing. But it doesn't hurt today and I have such a feeling of accomplishment!!!!!!!!

Ok I'd like to post more, but I have to go. I have basketball games I have to work tonight and I need to go shopping today because I have a big job interview tomorrow!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment