Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My grandfather

My sweet grandfather passed away last night about 8:00 PM. He was a wonderful man and has left behind an amazing legacy. The last month of his life was full of suffering and pain for the entire family (especially my Mom and Grandma), so I'm thankful that this time of suffering is over. Because of everything that has been going on, I've had to put myself and this weight loss journey on the back burner. I've been doing pretty good eating, but we've had to eat out a lot because of schedules and helping out the family and what not. I did get in 2 runs this past week, but I was hoping for 4-5 each week. It just hasn't happened. I'm going to try and continue to try to eat as healthy as possible, and keep my calories in check this week. I doubt I'll get to run any though. We've been under a tornado watch the last 24 hours, that I think will continue until the end of tomorrow. Then we'll head into the weekend and have the viewing, funeral, etc.

Next week, my family already planned to go to Disney World before all of this happened.... so I won't get much of an opportunity to run that week, and who knows what my eating options will be like. I know it sounds like I'm making excuses... but I'm tired, and I don't really want to think about trying to always find healthy/low calorie options when I'm constantly tired/in a rush. Thankfully, even though I've been pretty emotional, I haven't felt the need to go and gorge myself on sweets or something unhealthy... I haven't really over eaten at all. I hope to control that through all of this.

So, my posts my be few and far between the next week.... mostly because I don't think I'll have much to talk about in regards to weight loss or meeting my goals. When I get back from Disney, hopefully, I will not have gained weight, and I plan to pick up where I left off.

2 comments: