Friday, April 25, 2014

Quick update

I haven't been able to post this week, because I've been WAY to busy/overwhelmed. My grandfather (my Mom's Dad) is about to pass away. Mostly from old age/heart failure. We've known it's coming, but the time is here. Hospice critical care has been called in and they're giving him 24-48 hours to live (although they said that Tuesday, and here we are Friday). Anyways, because of that, my Mom has gone up to stay with and help the family full-time until he passes. She takes care of my boys during the day while I teach (I pay her.. .kind of like a nanny, but a GREAT one). So now, I have both boys, no babysitters, and a very full schedule. Thankfully, my Dad is the principal of the high school I teach at, so he's allowed me to bring the boys to school with me. To say that that has been the most difficult part of my work day is an understatement. Trying to teach, get stuff done in the office, and keep the boys happy/settled, has been exhausting.

We spent 3 hours at the allergist with Isabella this week too. She is going to have to have a full back test (where they prick her back with about 38 different allergens to see what and how bad she's allergic to each). I'm dreading that day. They put her on 5 different medications until the tests.

ALSO, our van died Monday. We put it in the shop. Got it Tuesday, it died again Wednesday. We put it in the shop. Got it back last night... you guessed it... DEAD again this morning :(

SO, I haven't ran since my running with the deer post. My eating has been decent, but only because I've been too busy taking  care of everyone to eat. I have been eating really unhealthy though when I do eat. I'm also constantly fighting the urge to gorge myself with chocolate and diet cokes to help cope with the stress. Normally, I'd run to cope with the stress, but NO TIME. 

OK I'll try to post more later. I did change and update my goals page... and my weekly weigh-in page!

No comments:

Post a Comment