Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Running with the deer

Yesterday was a tough day... My daughter, Isabella, has very severe allergies. She had been seeing an allergist since she was 3 that I just wasn't happy with. Last week, her pediatrician referred her to a new allergist that she gets to see today! The only problem... they wanted her off all meds starting this past Friday. By Sunday, she was having a severe allergic reaction. Chattanooga is in the top 5 worst places to live in regards to allergy and pollen. So without any meds, she really had a tough time. Around 1 AM Monday morning, Isabella woke up in tears and so much pain. She had a rash all over her body and her eyes were killing her. So I decided to go ahead and give her medicine. When I got her up for school, her eyes were swollen shut. It was the worst I have ever seen it. I almost started crying because I felt so bad for her pain. It took about 20 minutes to get her eyes opened, and they looked terrible all day. I ended up taking her to school with me and letting her watch Frozen in my office all day ;)


Once I left work... my van died (with all 3 kids in it!). So I spent the next two hours getting it to the shop very slowly, then getting a ride, with my kids, home. For the record, this is the third time we've had it in the shop this month... I don't even want to say how much we've spent the last month on the car :(

So needless to say, yesterday was NOT my day. When Paul got off work, we had to drive about 20 minutes to his parents house to pick up/borrow their truck. I had stuck to my diet all day, and really wanted to run, so I decided I would run down there... even though I was hot, tired, and NOT in the mood. I'm SO GLAD I did! I run in the Chickamauga Battlefield, and got to enjoy the beautiful scenery... INCLUDING DEER!!!! I also kept a really good pace!



I feel back on track now and am excited for the weigh in Wednesday and get focused on this journey again!

1 comment: