Thursday, February 7, 2013

20 pounds since January 1 and wearing a smaller clothes size today!!!!! :)

I hit the 20 pound mark this morning on my weekly weigh-in!!! I've lost a total of 55 pounds so far, but since I really started trying to lose weight, I've lost 20 pounds in a month and a week!!!!! I'm really happy with that! I know it probably won't be that fast every month, but I'm really hoping I can lose 55 more pounds by June so that I'm 200 pounds or under by the time of the cruise. I really don't remember the last time I was under 200 pounds. It would have probably been before high school. WOW!

Anyways, yesterday was a really good eating day! I stuck to my plan for what I was going to eat, and was under my calorie count by about 100 calories!!!! Also, I did get to kind of work out last night! I went jogging around my Mom's neighborhood. The first time around the circle, I had JD in a jogging stroller. That's the first time I've ever done that. He was SCREAMING, really SCREAMING the whole time. So I actually ran pretty fast for me. I was paced for a 9:02/mile. Normally I pace 15:00 mile. I was hurrying because JD was crying and it was a little colder than I expected. When I finished the first circle .64 miles, my Mom was inside and heard JD crying so she thankfully offered to keep him while I finished my jog. Unfortunately, I had ran so fast (I know it's not actually that fast, but for me it was very fast)... anyways, unfortunately, I had ran so fast the first circle that I was very winded, and cramping in my side. So the second time around, without JD, was a lot slower... and let's face it... pretty much torture. I struggled to keep a normal pace... I struggled to want to run at all. I paced a 14:00 mile that time around. Overall, I ended up jogging/running a total of 1.56 miles in about 20 minutes. So it's better than nothing I guess. 

So back to my weight loss. I was so excited about my weight loss this morning! After my first excited thoughts, though, my second thought was, "I bet my scale's not working." And sometimes, I really do think my scale isn't accurate, because 1) it's cheap, and 2) it's cheap... and the batteries have been in it a long time. Today, I'd really like to go buy a new scale just to make sure I'm not psyching myself. ALSO, I'm wearing a size 18/20 shirt today, and I think it fits well!!!! I know sometimes people put themselves into smaller sizes, just to say their in a smaller size, even though it's so tight it looks like the person can't breathe. I feel like it fits nice though, and have gotten some compliments on it. Ideally, I'd like to be a 14/16 by June for the cruise. I'm not sure I even know what that size looks/feels like. I don't remember any point in my life when I was that size. Sad. 

ANYWAYS, today, I'm going back to The Rush to get in a good workout. I hope my kids behave. It's always frustrating when I'm right in the middle of my workout, and get paged to the child care part because JD is crying. I know he can't help it, he's only a baby. Since I ran last night, I think I will do an elliptical workout since my legs are a little sore. I do the weight loss interval workout... it's 30 minutes, and I burn almost 400 calories. And then I'm going to try to spend 20 minutes on the weights doing arms, shoulders, and abs. 

Oh, one more pat on my back today! I've only had 2 diet cokes since Sunday!!! That's a BIG BIG change for me! 

I'm going to try to add a picture of me today, since I'm 20 pounds down, and wearing a new size. I'm going to put it on the photos page, so head over there and check it out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment