Saturday, February 9, 2013

I RAN 3 MILES!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, this post deserves all caps!!)

I'm writing on my iPhone, so Monday or tomorrow when I'm in front of a computer, I will definitely write more. I just didn't want to forget this feeling.

For the first time ever in my life, ran 3 miles!!!! And I did it in 39:40!!! My goal was to do it in under 40 min and I actually felt like that might be an unattainable goal... But I DID IT!!!! At most, I've ran a little over 2 miles and that was Sunday! I'm so proud of myself!

This is me after the run. I was TIRED :)


Paul suggested I try it today. He dropped me off at the Greenway and took the kids to the other end where the playground is. It's 3 miles... With HILLS TOO! I don't think he expected me to be able to do it. About a mile and a half in, I didn't expect me to finish it. But I did!!! When I got there , he said, "you should be really proud of yourself." And I stopped and took it in and I was really proud of myself... I even flat tears coming on but I choked them back because I knew Paul would definitely make fun of me.

So taking inventory of my pain (hahaha) y feet hurt REALLY bad... Not all over, just certain parts. The worst part is my right big toe... No clue why. I can already tell my knees are going to be creaking tomorrow. And I'm 99.999% certain I will get lower leg cramps tonight. But... My legs are supporting 260 something pounds right now. I can only imagine how much easier that will be when I'm half this size!!!

Tonight, I feel confident. Confident that I can lose weight. Confident that I can meet my goal of being a size 14/16 by June. And confident that I can become a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment