Friday, March 21, 2014

Made it 2 full miles!

So, I jogged 2 miles straight last night! I'm pretty sure I'm totally awesome! Just kidding... but I did feel totally proud of myself. Paul ran about 1.4 miles.... but he had kept the kids while I ran and he was getting hungry/tired. He also runs a good 2 minutes faster than me. I'm so proud though. We had planned to only run 1.5, but I decided I wanted to push and do 2. Now I only have 1.1 miles left to make it the 5K distance! Me legs were really sore last night... my feet too. It's weird... they didn't hurt at all at 1.5 miles, but at 2 miles, they hurt really bad. The other problem is my shoulders/upper back. I have a really large chest, and I'm nursing, so with the two combined, it's a lot of weight on my shoulders/back. It used to not bother me, but now it's starting to hurt. I don't like bouncing or for my boobs to hit me in the face every time I run, so I wear a wired regular bra, and then a very tight sports bra over that. It's not comfortable at all, but it keeps everything tight. I noticed my shoulders, especially, hurt really bad afterwards though. I really hope that in this losing weight, I lose weight in my chest. If not, I'm going to save up and have surgery to make them smaller. I hate how big they are.

Anyways, after the 2 mile run, it was almost 8PM and none of us had eaten, so we grabbed fast food. I had a half chicken Caesar salad and a cup of chili from Wendy's. It was SO good... but I know it was over my carb allowance. I was worried about it going to bed, because even though I'd had way more water than I needed, I also had a diet coke and I was worried about how much water that was going to make me retain. I'm really proud about the diet coke situation. I usually drink 2-3 a day... .now I have 1-2 A WEEK! That wasn't intentional, but with the healthy eating (AKA, not eating out), and the large cups of water, I haven't really thought about, needed, or wanted diet coke.

So.... I have an addiction to weighing myself. Anytime I use the bathroom, anytime I nurse, basically anytime I'm in my room, I want to weight myself to see if there's any change. I don't think this is healthy at all, but I don't know how to stop it. The obvious answer would be... just don't get on the scale... but that's easier said than done. It's so bad, that anytime I go in my room, I take off my clothes to weigh. WAY TOO MUCH TIME/EFFORT being put into that! But I don't know how to stop it, or if I'm even ready to tackle that yet. I should be just proud of the fact that I'm eating healthy and exercising, but it doesn't seem worth it in my mind if I'm not losing weight (does that make sense?)... So when I am losing weight, the scale going down makes it worth it. Maybe one week, I'll set a goal to not weigh myself once during the week until the weigh-in. I'm not ready to make that goal yet, but I am starting to think about the addiction/problem I have with constantly weighing. I wonder if anyone else is like that.

My goal for this weekend is to stay on my carb count all weekend. I struggle when I'm not on my daily work/school/kids schedule, and when Paul is off work to eat healthy and to eat what I'm supposed to eat to stay on my plan. So I want to do that this weekend, and not have to play catch up next week to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment