Monday, March 17, 2014

Saint Patrick's Day!!!! AND I FINALLY REGISTERED FOR THE 5K!!!!!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone! (I say everyone like people read this, even though I know it's just a journal for myself haha). I can't believe March is more than halfway over! WHAT?!?!



This weekend was a blur. I hate that the weekends go by so fast. I feel like I don't get enough time with my kids and that I'm constantly doing things like cleaning (boo!), laundry (BOO!), and cooking (BOOOOOO!!!). This weekend, I cleaned some, and did some laundry, and cooked a lot more than normal. We also started on a lot of projects around the house to start finishing our unfinished house FINALLY! We moved into the house last July, and pretty much have been completely remodeling the entire house. So we've started working on the back porch now. I... ALL BY MYSELF!!!... pulled up all the carpet on our back porch. It was NOT easy, and the dust... well it didn't help my already sore throat from strep throat. But, I kept telling myself it was GREAT exercise... and it was! My legs were SORE.



For the most part, I stayed on plan this weekend with my Atkins diet. I am now 2 weeks through! It's weird, I've only lost about 10lbs, but yesterday at church, I had several people (people that didn't know I was trying to lose weight/diet) tell me that I look like I'm losing a lot of weight. It made me feel great and helped give me the push I need to follow my diet. Yesterday, though, I found myself feeling SUPER hungry ALLLL day! It made it hard to stay on track because I just wanted to gorge myself on anything that was in front of me. Paul said I should have gone running because it would be a great time to run when you feel hungry because it would burn fat. I don't know if that's true, but the thought of running while hungry did not sound fun. Plus, we had both decided Sunday was our day off from running.

BECAUSE.... I FINALLY signed us up for our first 5K (us being me and Paul!). I think he's as nervous as I am, because ever since I signed us up (Thursday), he has wanted to run. We've never ran together, and he normally doesn't run when he works out. I told him if I had've known all it took to get him to spend time with me was to sign us up for a race, I would've done it a long time ago ;) Anyways, we are doing the Kiwanis Club 5k. It says that it is slightly sloped the first mile, and the last mile is mostly downhill. I have so many feelings... most of which are SCARED! It's crazy how insecure I am about stuff like this. Here are my big fears:

1. What if I'm the fattest person there?
2. What if everyone looks at me and thinks "why is she even here?"
3. What if I'm the slowest one there?

UGH. But it was a goal and I plan to keep it. Paul warned me that there will be people there that finish the entire race before we even finish a mile. I just don't want to feel embarrassed.... the whole point of doing this is to feel proud. I know that these are just fears of mine that I have to get over. So we started running together on Thursday... well sort of. Since we have the kids with us, I pushed the stroller and Bella rode her bike, while Paul ran a mile, then he stayed with the kids while I ran a mile. We've been choosing different outdoor locations with hills so that we can get in good practice, instead of just a straightaway. I'm not going to lie... a mile feels like torture... and we have to do 3.1 miles, in less than a month. I'm doing it at about a 13:30 pace, he's doing it at about a 12:02 pace. We did that Thurs, Friday, and Saturday. We took off Sunday. Today we are going to shoot for 1.5 to 2 miles each. We've got to move fast, or we'll never make it through the whole 3.1 miles, and part of my goal was to jog/run the whole thing. I'm just proud that I registered, and I'm excited that Paul is doing it with me. I hope I lose the nerves and just enjoy the process.

I'm also excited to weigh in on Wednesday. I had been weighing in on Mondays, but with the strep throat that went through our house, I got kind of off.

I'll end with a little picture of our Easter/Spring decorations Isabella and I put out Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment