Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Made it more than a week! GO ME!

So I've successfully completed over an entire week of the Atkins diet! WOOOOOO! And it wasn't too terribly hard! I've had a couple of times where I've been really hungry, or really craving something terrible for me, but overall, I've felt pretty good! I haven't posted much about it because it's been kind of crazy. Last Wednesday, JD had a rash all over his body and a high fever. Found out he had scarlet fever and severe strep throat. The scarlet fever sounded super scary, but the pediatrician said that it was just a by-product of the strep throat. So I stayed home with him Thursday. I didn't get to exercise Wednesday or Thursday because of that, and then Friday it was almost 70 degrees YES so we spent the evening outside with the kids (I didn't get to exercise that night either).

Thursday was actually the hardest day to stay on my diet, when I was at home. I guess being home and bored, and I just wanted to eat eat eat all day (and eat crap at that). I cheated once, but I didn't fall off of the band wagon completely.

Saturday, when Paul got off work, we went for a hike (well more like a trail walk with the kids) but it was fun! Then we met my parents at Cheddars (it's a new restaurant we just got). The wait was long, and of course, there wasn't much I could eat on the menu, but I didn't really cheat there either. I had a few bites of one of Paul's chicken fingers (I guess that was a cheat), but other than that, I shared a few bites of his steak and most of his broccoli. The servings are HUGE so he didn't seem to mind.

Here's some sweet picts from the hike :)





Then the bad days came. I started feeling TERRIBLE Sunday, and by that evening, I was running a high fever and my throat was throbbing. I pretty much knew immediately what it was, thanks to JD :) I went Monday morning to the DR and I had severe strep. So I got put on an antibiotic, that subsequently caused my to have a slight urinary tract infection. (TMI, I know). I have struggled with Chronic UTI's ever since JD was born. It's been doing better, but something about the antibiotic triggered it. So Monday, I didn't follow the diet at all. I rushed to the doctor and didn't pack breakfast or lunch, so I ate terrible when I did it. It hurt to swallow so I didn't eat tons. Mom fixed me her AMAZING chicken soup for dinner (which is totally against the diet) but I ate that because it felt so nice on my throat. Then Paul picked up sherbet icecream and sprite and surprised me with kind of an ice cream punch. It felt so good on my throat too! So Monday was a major setback because 1) the AZO pills I have to take for the UTI makes my body hold on to a lot of the water in my body (makes me swell), and 2) I ate sweets, sweets, and carbs :) I was sick. It happens.

Tuesday, I was back on track, though, and did great! I also found out that Bi-lo had the Atkins freezer meals B1G1, so I bought 4. I figured they'd taste terrible, or wouldn't be filling, but it was actually REALLY good! I had the chicken and broccoli alfredo. I didn't pay attention to the package, so I expected noodles (the pasta), but it was just chicken and broccoli with an alfredo like sauce. That makes sense since I assume alfredo noodles would have a lot a carbs. It was really good though, and I felt very full! YAY! I'm going to go back today and stock up on those while they're on sale.

SO BEST PART OF ALL OF THIS! I weighed this morning! It's been more than a week, it's been a week and 2 days, but I kind of subtracted Sunday and Monday (sick days), so it's basically been a week! AND I LOST 7 POUNDS!!!!! I smiled really big this morning when I saw the scale. What motivation!! So this week, I'm going to stick to the plan again, but add in more working out, now that I'm starting to feel better. I really have to start consistently training for the 5k now, because I'm looking at one to sign up for that is exactly 1 month from tomorrow! Yikes! It makes me so nervous, but one of my goals is to run a 5K by the end of April, so it's time to suck it up, get over the fears, and DO IT! Speaking of goals, I'm 18 lbs away from reaching my goal of 260lbs by Easter. I think if I add in exercise, it will be more than possible!!!!

Here's what yesterday's stats looked like! VERY GOOD!



No comments:

Post a Comment