Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fitting in time to run

Yesterday, I knew I wouldn't have time to run. Wednesdays are very busy at my house! Once I get all of my kids picked up after work (my boys from my Mom, and Isabella from school), we get home about 4:15PM. I have choir and Isabella has piano/children's church at 5:50, so that gives me about an hour and a half to get everything done before we leave. In that hour and a half, I fix the older kids a snack, nurse Wyatt (and when I'm lucky, get him down for a nap), cook dinner, and try to straighten up the house. Between 4:15 and 5:50 is a complete blur. When we get home from all of the evening activities (about 7:30), I feed everyone dinner, do baths, clean up dinner, nurse Wyatt (story of my life!), and get everyone ready for bed. Some days, like yesterday, I told myself I'd go to the Rush after every is in bed and Wyatt is asleep (9:30), but by that point, I'm so tired... it never happens. So for the most part, I've resigned myself to the truth that Wednesdays... I'm not running. Which I think is ok. Mondays we run, and Tuesdays I get a lot of exercise doing volleyball.

This week, though, Paul and I have a 50th Wedding Anniversary/Vowel Renewal/Fancy dinner to go to tonight (Thursday). I don't want to miss 2 days of running, so I have dutifully packed my running clothes and am going to skip lunch hour and go to the Rush. I'll just eat in my office during my planning period the next hour. I'm not super excited about this plan because 1) I hate coming back to work stinky and sweaty, and 2) I'm going to have to shower and do my hair again this evening to go to the 50th Wedding Anniversary/Vowel Renewal/Fancy dinner tonight. I want to look nice because Paul and I rarely get to go out without the kids, and I know he'll be dressed nice. So, I'm going to force myself over to the Rush during lunch and try to get in at least 30 minutes of running, which should put me close to 2.5 miles (I hope!)

I was feeling pretty bummed yesterday because I only lost 2 pounds this past week, and I really wanted to lose more than that. When I got home last night, I had a surprise that was VERY exciting! I had ordered some stuff off clearance from The Avenue (plus size clothes... one day, I hope I never have to say the word "plus size clothes" again). Since the stuff was on clearance, I ordered several pairs of pants in size 22 and one pair size 20. I figured, at some point, I'll lose enough weight to get into the size 20, and the size 22 should at least be able to zip up right now and should fit soon. I started in a size 24 (January/February). SO, I tried everything on, just for the heck of it. The size 22 pants fit GREAT... ALMOST LOOSE! And the best part.... I could get into and zip up the size 20 pants!!!! WOOOOO! They were still a little too tight for me to wear comfortably, it won't be long! I also got some 18/20 shirts (was wearing 22/24). They were pretty clingy (I don't like my rolls to just blatantly show), but I could wear them if I wasn't so self-conscious! So overall, I was SO surprised and happy! I guess even if I'm only losing a little at a time, my body is changing (probably thanks to the running!)

So that made me feel a lot better! Tonight, is the first party I'm attending since I've started Atkins and my weightloss journey. I'm hoping that they have some foods there that I can eat. If not, my goal is to not over eat (obviously), to not eat any dessert (even if the cake looks AMAZING), and to try to stay on track as much as possible! I'm a little nervous, but I'm going to talk to Paul before hand and remind him that this is important to me. I just don't want him offering me cake, and desserts. So here we go... going to fit in my running today!

No comments:

Post a Comment